Very scared now

Hi doc!

The 25 of Januari (one week ago) I had sex with a Thai girl. I was unfortenatly very drunk so I dont remember everything, but I know I weared a condom and that we only had vaginal sex.

So the day after I did at first not feel any scared of getting HIV, but then I realized that the condom was broke :( So sometimes during the act the condome broke.

Now I have had the flu for like 4 weeks but yesterday I got kind of worse. Can it be HIV that this fast after only one week has worsening my flu?

And yetserday I also realized I got like 25-30 small red marks on my penis :S And they seems to increase in numbers..What can that be?

I now that the chance of having HIV is VERY low but I cant stop thinking of it.

How long time do I have to wait to get a HIV test? I want it as fast as possible..

And can you recomend a hospital in the near of patong that do HIV test?

If you answer this I will donate 100$ and if Im HIV Negative I will donate 200$ more.

/scared boy

Hello Scared Boy,

The risk of contracting HIV as a result of a broken condom is the same as unprotected sex. In your case, the estimated per-act risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated statistical risk would be less, as we do not know the HIV status of your Thai-gal.

Regarding symptoms, they are notoriously unreliable in determining who is and is not HIV infected. Unfortunately, I cannot diagnose the cause of your small red marks on your tallywhacker over the Internet. However, I can tell you this type of symptom is not commonly associated with HIV.

Since your condom broke, you should be HIV tested, whether or not you have symptoms. I would recommend a single HIV-antibody test (such as an ELISA or HIV rapid test) at the three-month mark. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the area around Patong. However, any physician's office or health clinic should be able to perform or arrange for an HIV test and full STD (sexually transmitted diseases) screen, if you like. If you have any difficulty locating a physician or testing center, I'd suggest you contact your local AIDS service organizations for a referral. (Just Google AIDS service organizations and your home town or city.)

Try not to be scared. The odds remain all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this single broken-condom event.

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'm sending you my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test is negative!

Uninfected
I think i know what can cure HIV