Feb 7, 2007
Hello Dr.Bob. I read the article about can you have safer sex and I also read other articles and Im still in a little doubt. My question. Me and my wife are uninfected. We are faithful also. I give her oral-anal and anal sex w/out protection. Am I at risk for HIV? Also, I wanna donate blood but I watched the Frontline Aids special and Im kinda paranoid about getting infected. Any advice? Thank You
Response from Dr. Frascino
Any advice? Sure:
1. Reread the articles in the archives about safer sex and HIV transmission.
2. Rewatch the Frontline "Age of AIDS" PBS special.
1. Two "uninfected" people cannot give each other HIV!!!
2. You cannot contract HIV from donating blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Can You Get Hep C From Sharing A Joint?
- Yeast Infections And Shingles
- Will My Partner Get Hpv If I Am Infected?
- What Else Causes Genital Warts Other Then Hpv?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.