Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Life Insurance and I'm Scared
Feb 7, 2007

Dear Dr. Bob: I'm sorry to hear about your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My sister is in the final stages of emphazema, so I can relate. Losing a loved one is never an easy task. Anyway, onto my sorted worried well syndrom: I've been asked to get life insurance for my job and that means a blood test. I've been reading your site for years and it gives me such comfort; however, in situations like this, the paranoid demons start to surface. My only risk has been erotic massages. I love the massage part; especially the release at the end. My wife knows that I go for these massages and thinks that I'm crazy, but I guess, realizes that I need a bit of masculine touch. I know that she doesn't like it, but accepts it as long as I'm not having sex. I have no desire for sex. I've never done anything oral or anal; no genital to genital contact; no kissing, etc. The only thing that happens is mutual touching, ie: I fondle his joy stick and rub on his body as he/they (I've been to more than one MT) go around the table. Once in a while a feel some pre-cum leakage on my hands and body. I've never jerked anyone off. Surprisingly enough, they won't allow it. The only thing that happens that's erotic is that they give my a release at the end. From reading everything that I have on this site, I feel that my risk for HIV and STD's is non-existant, but I guess I just need to hear it from your lips just this once. Do you think that I'm at any risk? Will my test results be okay? I'm sure a lot of my anxiety is caused from guilt. If you could give me just an answer this once, I would be eternally grateful. My donation is in the mail as we speak. I love you as a person and appreciate all that you do.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You can put those "paranoid demons" back to sleep. Erotic massage, including the "happy ending" is not a risk for HIV transmission. No way. No how. Why feel guilty? You've leveled with your wife. She accepts your "need for a bit of masculine touch", plus your activities with your rub-a-dub-hot-and-hunkies are completely safe. So relax, Max. Enjoy your rubdowns and know that your HIV risk is nonexistent. If you're really worried, get a confidential HIV rapid test before your insurance evaluation to put your unwarranted fears (and paranoid demons) to rest once and for all, OK?

By the way, I get regular massages myself and find them to be both soothingly therapeutic and incredibly enjoyable!

Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
can food make you test a false-negative?
Next
Uninfected

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.