received oral sex for short period

Dr. Frascino,

Last week I went to a video booth and a guy walked in and asked if he could suck on me. Before I said no, he went right at it. It went on for about 20 seconds and then I came to my senses and told him no more. He left and I was beside myself with guilt because I am married. I have been tested for HIV in the past and it was negative. But now I am worried that I may have screwed up and contracted HIV during that SHORT period of stupidity. Can you tell me or help me realize that my fears are a waste of time? Should I get retested? I more than likely will, but I want to know if that 20 seconds is something to worry about. I have no idea if that guy was bleeding in the mouth or not. Please help....

Oral sex, particularly insertive oral sex, carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. Take a read through the archives, particularly the sections on oral sex and HIV transmission. You should find the information there reassuring.

Your real problem is not your HIV risk, as that is negligible. Your real problem is the intense guilt related to this brief same-sex experience. I strongly suggest you level with your wife (and yourself). It's not only the most effective way to cope with your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

masterbation
Funding the Cure