hiv thru blood transfusion
Jan 21, 2007
what are the odds of getting hiv if you receive a blood transfusion that has hiv
Response from Dr. Frascino
The estimated statistical risk for acquiring HIV from receiving a transfusion with HIV-tainted blood would be 9 out of every 10 exposures. In other words, it would be extremely likely.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Will People Infected With Hiv Show The Presence Of Antibodies?
- Do People With Hiv Get Sarcoidosis?
- Symptoms Of Non-viral Hepatitis And Treatment
- Treatment For Neuropathy In Arms And Hands And Legs And Feet
- Could An Adult Get Thrush From A Dentist
- Does A Woman Who Have Hiv Or Aids Get Their Period?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.