I Put Myself At Risk, GUARANTEED DONATION

Dr. Bob, Do you think I put myself at risk? I was in a relationship with my ex for a just a few months before we decided to go our separate ways. Prior to engaging in any sexual activity I asked him about his health/status but not much about his sexual history. When he said he was healthy I took his word for it being that he was a Doctor, 1st year surgical resident and didnt appear to be the type of guy who slept around or shot up. DEFINITELY WASNT GAY EITHER. We always used condoms (and to my knowledge, without failure) However, we were both very into oral and for this we did not use protection. Thinking back to one particular instance, Im wondering how safe I really was. There was one evening that I had performed oral on him but had forgotten that earlier in the day I had chomped on my cheek while eating a sandwich and at that time bled a little bit. That night I did not let him ejaculate in my mouth, in-fact I never let him. Assuming that he was not exactly healthy, do you feel that I put myself at risk? A donation is on its way! OralXX

Hi Oral XX,

You thought you could trust your ex because he was a first-year surgical intern??? Hmmm . . . obviously you haven't been watching Grey's Anatomy on TV. It's a show about first-year surgical interns and let me tell you: those guys and gals get around! Meredith slept with her attending physician, Dr. McDreamy, in the opening scene of the first episode. That's before she breaks up with him and then sleeps with anything wearing pants for awhile before sleeping with her roommate and fellow surgical intern George. Meanwhile Christina is boinking the other attending, Preston Burke. George gets syphilis from shagging a nurse who contracted syphilis originally from another first-year surgical intern, Alex, who then sleeps with Izzie, another surgical first-year who falls in love with a heart patient. Meanwhile Dr. McDreamy's wife shows up, but she's slept with McDreamy's best friend, McSteamy, who then hits on Meredith. So you can see first-year surgical interns are really sex maniac who enjoy nonstop shag-a-thons in between trips to the OR.

Protected sex is "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Oral sex, even with a "chomped cheek," carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. Your HIV risk is negligible; however, if you are worried, a single HIV rapid test at the three-month mark would give you a definitive result.

Good luck! Thanks for your donation. In return, I'll send my good-luck karma that your three-month test is negative, as I very strongly believe it will be.

symptoms and never get it
hiv thru blood transfusion