Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help!?! my anxiety is ruining my life!!!
Jan 20, 2007

Before i get to my point i'd jus like to inform you that u are very popular in Namibia, congrats and thnx for all the advice.

im really worried, a few months ago i picked up a hooker. we neva had sex but she sat on me naked with her wet vagina on my chest and gave me a handjob. i was caressing her groin with my fingers it felt moist im not sure if it was vaginal fluids or sweat, could HIV infected vaginal fluids have been transitted to me via my fingernails or small dry cuts on my hands? is it possible that i could hav contracted HIV from this? say for instance she had menstural blood around her vagina or she used vaginal fluids or spit to lubricate my penis and she was HIV+? Please help me, have i messed up? Im in Namibia and dnt wnt to get tested im so worried. Ive also been experiencing a sore throat, night sweats, muscle weakness all over my body and a loss of weight, my doctor says these are caused by anxiety attacks. Whats ure opinion DOC?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I absolutely agree with your doctor. Your symptoms are caused by anxiety, not HIV. You should seek treatment for your anxiety and irrational HIV fears. If you remain worried about HIV, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. It will undoubtedly be negative, but this may be the most efficient and effective way for you to put your unwarranted HIV fears permanently to rest.

I send my best wishes to all the forum readers in Namibia for a healthy and prosperous New Year filled with peace and happiness.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Re:incorrect info.from OB-GYN Nurse
Next
Broken condom, weird doctor response (PEP), need solid advice

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.