How long

Generally, how long does it take to find out the results of an HIV screening. Also, I just found out that a ex partner found out he is HIV+. But he says it was from someone he met after me. I haven't been with him in 5-6 years. If I am HIV positive, will it definately show up when I get tested?

How long does it take to find out the results of an HIV screening? That depends on the type of test you have done. Rapid tests give accurate results in as few as 20 minutes. ELISA tests run through doctors' offices or clinics can take up to a week.

If you were HIV infected from a relationship five-six years ago, yes, your HIV test would definitely be positive now. You can read more about HIV tests by reviewing the information in the "HIV Testing Basics" section that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage under "Quick Links."

Please Help...A Young Marine Deathly Afraid of Having HIV :(
Question (HIV FROM TWO HIV NEGATIVES)