The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i am scared doc

Jan 20, 2007

hi doc i hope u are fine .doc i am scared a month ago a woman gave me a blow job 2 times and we kissed a good couple of times 3 weeks later i got a flu like symptom i think it was the cold not really sure anyways i experienced sneezing feeling hot and feeling a sunburn feeling on my back chest and neck no rash swollen lymph nodes on my neck groin and armpit and a sore throat for 3 days doc this is ars i am scared i called the girl i was with i asked her if she is sick she told me no and she came by me and showed me her blood test for hiv she tested negative on nov 16 2006 we were together on dec 1 i know oral carries a low risk but i am still scared those symptoms i have are ars symptoms they last all together 5 days maybe a week i intend to get tested in 3 months please doc repone tell me your opinoion and i will be sending a donation when i send u this message thank u .and i hope u will respone.

Response from Dr. Frascino


You want my "opinoion???" Hmmmm.. what's that?

I agree with you: insertive oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. Your symptoms are very nonspecific. If you are worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. Thanks for your donation ( I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test will be negative, as I very strongly believe it will indeed be. Remember, the odds are astronomically in your favor, OK?

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

WOO-HOO and a big ol' thanks

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint