How long does it take to show up?

Ok, I had unprotected sex during the period between summers of 1991-1992 with I guess three or for females. I have never been tested for HIV and thought if I had got the virus Id be dead by now. However, I recently read somewhere that it takes some 10-15 years for the disease to show up! I have never had any symptoms and frankly am scared to get tested. What is the chance that I had picked up the virus from someone and it hasnt transformed to disease after some 15-16 years? I am 34 yrs-old.

Thanks,

You're too afraid to get HIV tested, but not too afraid to die from AIDS!? Dude, do you have any idea how ridiculous that whole concept really is?

My advice is that if you placed yourself at risk for HIV, get an HIV test three months or longer (1992 would qualify!) after you last potential exposure. If you are too scared to get tested, you need to get treatment for your anxiety and irrational fears. It really is just that straightforward.

Contact through sponge?
Scabies: Infection and re-infection.