Quick Question !!!! Please, please...consider me !!!!!

DEarest Friend Dr. Bob ( I hope you do not mind that I call you friend, but this is the way I feel !!!!). An HIV+ man, who is still under his "window period" ( 1 month after being infected - this means that his HIV test is still showing NEG ). Is it possible that he contaminates another man if they make sex together without protection, before his blood exam shows positive? I will be soooooo grateful if you answer me this.... Best and warm regards from South America !!!!

Hi South American Buddy,

Yes, it is indeed possible for an HIV-positive person in his window period to infect another person. In fact, this is one of the most contagious periods, because the viral load can be sky high during this period before the immune system kicks in and begins to make antibodies to fight the infection.

Be well, my friend.

I should have listened to you