|Negative at 13 weeks, Do I need to be re-tested?
Jan 19, 2007
Dear Dr. Frascino, A little over 4 months ago, I was intimate with a man and unfortunately the condom broke. Fortunately, I noticed before ejaculation. A couple of months after this, he showed me his lab results showing he was nonreactive to HIV-1. I decided to have an HIV 1/2 test at 13 weeks (86 days) after possible exposure. Do I need to repeat testing or can I be sure that I do not have HIV? Please help ease my mind!!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Consider your mind eased! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional testing is warranted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anyone Ever Tested Negative At 3 Months Retest Positive Later
- Do I Need To Retest For Hiv At 6 Months?
- Should I Retest Hiv Negative At 6 Months?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Nipple Sucking?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke?
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Erotic Massage
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.