Negative at 13 weeks, Do I need to be re-tested?
Jan 19, 2007
Dear Dr. Frascino, A little over 4 months ago, I was intimate with a man and unfortunately the condom broke. Fortunately, I noticed before ejaculation. A couple of months after this, he showed me his lab results showing he was nonreactive to HIV-1. I decided to have an HIV 1/2 test at 13 weeks (86 days) after possible exposure. Do I need to repeat testing or can I be sure that I do not have HIV? Please help ease my mind!!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Consider your mind eased! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional testing is warranted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.