What about the rights of the uninfected

I think this website if awesome and does a great service to those who are HIV positive. However, I wish to raise a philophical issue: no one on this site ever considers the negative consequences of HIV treatment on the UNINFECTED. The meds available today are great for those who are POZ, but they are lethal for those who are not! Why? Because now the meds allow HIV poz people to remain alive and healthy and strong, thus giving them an opportunity to infect those who are negative. Thanks to the meds, a poz person has no visible symptoms, so if he chooses not to disclose his status (and many of them do not) then he is putting his sex partners at risk. AIDS is spreading today because healthy poz people, even with low VL are infecting those who are negative. The meds lower VL, they do not make it zero. Your thoughts?

The "philophical" issue???? The negative consequences of HIV treatment on the uninfected????? WHAT???? You really believe that HIV meds, while being "great for those who are poz," are "lethal for those who are not!?!?" And this is because "the meds allow poz people to remain alive, healthy and strong, thus giving them an opportunity to infect those who are negative???!!!!" Gosh, I wonder why I never thought of that! Taking your "philophical" argument a step further, obviously the best way to deal with the AIDS pandemic would then be to cut off meds to all HIV-positive folks so they could look sicker quicker and die. Hey, perhaps we could just tattoo a big "HIV +" on their foreheads or maybe cut off their dicks and sew up their vaginas. No wait, why bother with all that, let's just round them up and put them to death for their own good, since they are all going to croak anyway. And that way we would be protecting the "rights of the uninfected." Yeah, that ought to work.

I'm glad you think this forum is "awesome." Although by your logic, it would not exist, as I would have been dead years ago if I were not taking HIV meds. Oh, and um, by the way, I've been positive since January 1991 and I'm not aware I've violated any uninfected person's rights by contaminating anyone, including my HIV-negative partner, Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) with whom I have sex as often as physically possible.

You request "my thoughts." OK. I think you're a moron! If you do have a full six-pack, you certainly lack the plastic thingy that holds it all together.

Dr Bob I just made my donation.
PLEASE ANSWER.Possible HIV infection, reliability of STD testing services offered on Internet, etc