Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Foreign Body In Berlin
Jan 18, 2007

Hey Doc, I have been reading your site for about five months now, and WOW, you're doing some amazing work mister! Keep it up! About five months ago, I had unprotected insertive anal with a guy of unknown status. I then had a load of symptoms including swollen glands, sore throat, rashes etc. The same that all the worried wells get! I tested negative at around 8 weeks with ELISA and P24, then after many sleepless nights and worrying, plucked up the courage this week to go for a final test (five months)Got the result today...NEGATIVE!!! Just one question Doc, I know you always say how symptoms are useless when diagnosing HIV, but if I still have all these symptoms, should I get tested again, or is this conclusive? Im moving to Berlin in a few weeks to finish my degree and really want to get all this out my head before I go and enjoy every second there! Would be grateful for any comments you may have! Hope 2007 is treating you well!

Best wishes! Jack!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Jack,

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to five months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. OK?

Berlin is a great city. Enjoy it safely, of course!

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Woo hoo ...can I or cant I
Next
rimming-statistics

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.