Why are you so MEAN???

I've been reading your answers to people for months now and I think you are wonderful. You are funny too. However, it seems that not everyone who asks you questions seem to get your sarcastic humor. Some people have even replied to you cursing you out, telling you mean stuff, etc.

In a way, I kinda feel bad for them because they expect to get help from you and a straight answer without any sarcasm that again, to some people it may be offensive because lots of people are very sensitive and get offended very easily.

Does it not make you feel bad when some people get offended and as a result may stop visiting this website and miss out on the vast information you can offer? And also as a result, maybe remain ignorant about HIV and the ways in which it can be transmitted? And possibly because of the ignorance they may become HIV+ sometime in the future? Or they might feel like they have nowhere to turn to?

Just asking if you ever thought about it. Not blaming you for anything.

And one final question not related to your sarcastic, funny sense of humor but to HIV: Why if people who are HIV+ have HIV anti-bodies don't they have "the cure" in then? I mean, the whole point of the body creating anti-bodies to something is to overcome it, right? At least that's what I know. If one's body creates anti-bodies for Hep. A or B, let's say, wouldn't that mean that that person has become immune to it and has been cured?

P.S. I think you and your hubby are hot!!! I'd do you both in a sec! ;-)

Me a meanie??? Do you really think so? Take another read through my comments and I trust (and hope) you'll change your mind. Sarcastic, yes, I'll admit to that. However, even when I give a sarcastic response, it contains the answer to the questioner's question. Although I consistently try to respond to queries in a vernacular that is understandable to the questioner, I feel absolutely no obligation to dumb down all my responses to the lowest common denominator of people who are one neuron short of a synapse. You know, the type who takes two hours to watch "60 Minutes!" Dubya, for example. Ignorance of that magnitude is just impossible to pierce. Do I feel bad if someone take offense at my comments? No, not really. I cannot be all things to all people. I can only be who I am and offer what I have to give. Do I feel responsible for people remaining ignorant about HIV? That's an odd question to pose to someone who has dedicated a large portion of his life to HIV prevention, education and advocacy. No, Dearie, quite honestly I can say I do not!

Turning to your question, antibodies are one component of the body's immune response to an invader. Not all antibodies are effective in eradicating or completely controlling an invading germ. Why certain anti-HIV antibodies are so ineffective is a complex and highly technical topic that is beyond the scope of this forum. What I will tell you is that HIV is not unique in this regard.

Finally, if you plan to do both Dr. Steve and me, you'll need more than a sec! (Hope you are not offended!)

a word of advice
Alex, your mexican friend. Mini Woo hooo, but more scared than ever.