Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Any risk in my masturbation?
Jan 17, 2007

Dear Doctor, Thank you very much for providing a such an excellent site! I am worried about my behavior this afternoon. I am a gay, and I am ashamed to have mutual masturbation with another man. He jerked me off harshly and vigorously that it almost made me feel pain in the penis and now, several hours later, I still have an unusual feeling in my penis(I am really shy and ashamed to mention those). And I am sure that his palm rubbed the head of my penis. Since he did so vigorously, I wonder it would cause cuts and abrasions in the head of penis, which are although invisible. Then it would make the transaction of HIV "more" possible if he had some cuts in his palm. :( I checked his palm before and after the action, but the light in that room was dim, so although I did not find cuts in his hands, but still I wonder there would be some. But I am sure he was not bleeding... So, how about the risk of transaction if he had cuts in his palm and he caused invisible cuts in the head of my penis? I am very very worried about that! And there is another thing I am worrying about: When I finished jerking him off, I noticed that two of my fingers had some epidermis peeled off at the bottoms of the fingernails(every person will have that kind of matter, but I peeled off a significant area of skin, one is about 3mm*4mm). There was no pain there, but I could see that they were red...They were not fresh, and they were dry, no blood, i am sure of that. What I am afraid that if his pre-cum splashed onto those "cuts" that what would happen? We didn't ejaculate, so it was just pre-cum, and only small drops, tiny drops, splashed by shaking his penis.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi

Why be ashamed of a mutual jack-off session? Your HIV fears are completely unwarranted. I find no HIV risk in the activity you describe. I suggest you read through the archives and other information on this site that pertains to how HIV is and is not transmitted. I hope you can become more accepting of your sexual orientation and activities. Sex is supposed to be fun, not anxiety provoking!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Lap dance with hole in pants
Next
Another Lost Condom--Response

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.