Am i experiencing OI?

Hi bob!

The first time i had sexual intercourse was about five years ago. I came from a family that never talked about sex. I didn't even know how to put a condom on or what to do with my pee pee. Being uneducated about the matter i had unprotected vaginal intercourse with a high risk sex worker.. I was only 15 years old at that time.. Do virgins have a better chance of getting infected?

Since that day i've always practiced safe sex. I have been really healthy till recently..

the last month i've been getting alot of symptoms which i belive can be Oppurtunistic Infections. Every morning for the past month Numbness and tingling after i sleep, it could be peripheral neuropathy. Joint pains, do workout though, extreme muscle twitching and somethings my body jerks for no apparent reason. the last 2 days before going to bed i have been short of breath.

I know there is something wrong with my body, I could have HIV+,STDs, or even Cancer?...I have recenlty taken a full body check up including HIV testing. so i'll keep you updated..

If i do have OI from HIV+ than what's my chances of living a normal life or is my body already severly damaged?. I see people living with HIV for over 20 years but are those the people who detect the virus earlier? Do i still have any hope that all this could be from anxiety and stress? Can i say Woohoo and get a second chance like the many i seen on the forums?

but it's been daily thing every morning that i wake up extreme peripheral neuropathy on my fingers. I know something is damaged in my body.

Thank you bob!

Once again we see the tragic consequence of growing up in a family "that never talked about sex." It's no wonder you did not know how to properly use a condom or even what to do with your "pee-pee"!!! You, like so many others in similar situations, wound up having unprotected risky sex. When will this puritanical sex-phobic country wake up to the reality that sex is normal and not talking about it doesn't mean people are not going to get their rocks off one way or another! Not talking about it results in totally preventable unwanted pregnancies and STDs including HIV!!!

Turning back to your unfortunate and totally avoidable situation, you are now 20 years old and obviously very concerned about HIV. So why haven't you taken an HIV test? If you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you need an HIV test three months or longer after your last potential exposure. It really is just that straightforward. Why worry about opportunistic infections and the lifespan of HIVers when you haven't even taken an HIV test! Your symptoms are not consistent with HIV or any HIV-related opportunistic infection. What you describe is anxiety, not peripheral neuropathy.

My advice:

1. Get an HIV test without delay. A rapid test will give you an accurate definitive result in as few as 20 minutes!

2. Get counseling to help with your anxiety and irrational HIV fears.

3. Advocate for science-based sex education locally, regionally and nationally. This would include HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention information. What happened to you need not happen to other kids.

Spalsh into eye
Can I trust my negative hiv test?