SEEKING YOUR BEST WISHES

Dear Dr Robert J. Frascino

I wish to thank you for a site that is so touching in its majesty. Each evening I find some time to read your responses secretively to the many questions posed to you. Your diction of eloquence is remarkable and your patience and humour are also encouraging. I also enjoy your language lessons given on site. If Bush cannot get success, Bob can. I have to read your site secretively because in this Arab State where I live and work, this site is BLOCKED. (We have a way of getting in.) Moreover, any discussions of HIV in these countries are not tolerated at governmental level. These are states of denial. I can very well sympathise with the young lady from Saudi that had to go to Dubai for HIV testing and counseling. Not that Dubai is any lenient but at least you can read thebody.com. If she was positive, she would have had a major problem leaving the country without the authorities being informed. There was also another youngster who said that he would be spitted upon in the Middle East if his status was known by his family. These stories are true and not made up. In these countries all expatriates are subjected to HIV testing before taking up residency. My last risk exposure was in 2001 and I had to fly out of the Gulf State (to Morocco) to get myself tested.

I have just moved to a new GCC country and had sex with a person of unknown status. I used a condom and it slipped but I was confident that the tip was covered but what scares me is the thought that the vaginal secretion may have entered from the top. I had a severe bout of flu and was tested positive for H.Pylori bacterial infection. Went on two course of antibiotics. My sugar level increased but my RBC and WBC were normal. However, one count was very abnormal MCH (oxygen level) was low. My lymph nodes were painful but not swollen. At times I walk around with a certain kind of dizziness and weakened legs (above the ankle and below the calf muscles), unsure of myself. I at times find that the ground is more closer to me and I tend to step a little harder. My eyes are permanently brown and blood shot and manifest a constant stomach discomfort. January 13, is the 3 month and I am hoping to fly out to a North African State to get myself tested - just to get the peace of mind that would cause the symptoms to magically get away. Just writing to you for your best wishes and also to say that we are so grateful for having you share your knowledge with us with such a great sense of humour. Love you Bob and you are always remembered in my prayers eversince 2001.

Thank you for your very kind and generous comments and for sharing your reality of living in a sexually repressive country. Making sex taboo and denying the reality of HIV/AIDS is not only shortsighted and destined ultimately to fail; it's also a recipe for catastrophe and heartache. Many countries that have tried to ignore or deny the existence of the HIV/AIDS pandemic are now realizing the terrible consequences of their actions. I hope you and other like-minded Arabs will band together to change these repressive harmful attitudes!

Regarding your recent scare, if the action end of your joystick remained covered, you should be fine, even if the condom slipped a bit. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS and may well be related to anxiety and fears of being HIV positive. I am gladly sending my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will indeed be negative and that your symptoms "magically" disappear.

Good luck!

I am a believer!!!
hiv and sex (SUPERINFECTION)