cocaine and testing

Hey Dr. Frascino,

Please, please, please help me!!! I feel like I'm am so sick at this point that I'm dying. I'll try to stay to facts and make this as short as possible. I have been doing cocaine for the last 6 months or so probably on average of 1-2 times a week. Obviously, sometimes more sometimes less. I have a long distance gf. I got messed up one night and purchased an escort. Exposure was bj, fingering, and she rubbed my penis on her clit and the outside of her vagina briefly (no protection). I have since tried to contact her and she is supposedly suddenly on "vacation" for the last two months. I have extremely strange symptoms of extreme "sickness" starting about 6 wks after exposure. Short list includes: numb thumb to this day, shortness of breath, almost feels like the glands in armpits and groin are "squirting" whatever chemicals they excrete, malaise, head rushes where I feel like I am going to faint, panic attacks, dry cough, times where I am sober and feel almost drunk and on/off sore throats. Dr, I am soooo scared bc I feel like I am dying!!!! My gf, who is a vegetarian type and works out everyday has been virtually as sick as me for the last couple of weeks, is freaked out too (no knowledge). I have tested negative at approx 5/6 wks and 8/9 wks. Psychologically, I know I should be in the clear, but I am still sooooo sick. I did a small line tonight and felt horribly sick and stopped. It seems way beyond what some cocaine use should produce. I have also tested negative for Flu, Mono, and all other STD's. Dr, could coke delay my testing results? I really should be clear at 8/9 wks, right? The only other thing I could think to test for is diabetes. I don't even know the intial symptoms , but I know it runs on my father's side of the family and I have a bachelor's diet including eating out a lot (But not the fast food level). Please give me an assessment! I get my work bonus in two weeks and I love to help out charity wise even as a rebublican...lol :) I absolutely guarantee I will help out your foundation. In fact, include the proper address and you have at least $250 coming your way or, I guess, I can search and not be so lazy (but I have been lately+!!!! I just want a assessmemt from you. Thanks for your consideration!!!

PS The wounded warrior foundation is a fantastic foundation for our soldiers whether you agree with the war or not for those that may read this if it is posted.

Nope, you are not dying, even though you may feel like it.

Your HIV risk is very low.

Your "strange symptoms" are not suggestive of or worrisome for HIV disease. However, they are quite classic for anxiety.

Your negative HIV tests out to nine weeks are extremely encouraging.

Cocaine can definitely screw up your head and make your anxiety, stress and depression worse. However, cocaine does not affect HIV-antibody test results or delay the production of anti-HIV antibodies.

My advice:

1. Get an HIV rapid test at the three-month mark for a definitive and conclusive test result. It will undoubtedly be negative and hopefully will put any residual HIV fears permanently to rest.

2. See your general medical doctor for any persistent or ongoing symptoms. You'll need to advise him about the nose candy. If no physical cause can be found, consider getting an evaluation and treatment for anxiety and psychosomatic illness.

3. Stop the cocaine. It's messing up your head. (It even made you vote Republican and that's way messed up!)

The address for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Donation information is also available on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Finally, I'm quite certain we all agree with you about our brave soldiers. They are heroes. Being against the war does not mean we are against our troops. In fact, it's quite the opposite, considering how this war has been bungled by Bush and his cronies.

I hope you are soon feeling significantly better. Remember HIV is not your problem!

what to do with myself???
Unsafe vaginal sex