Local Bay Area Testing
Jan 11, 2007
Hello again Dr. Bob!
I recently asked you the question entitled "Virgin Getting Tested." Well, I looked for places to get tested and the first palce that came to mind was Planned Parenthood. They weren't the most friendly nor pleasant people. I just want that damn 20-minute Orasure test. It seems to be impossible to find here in Santa Cruz. When I called another center, they said that I am not warranted for an HIV test. I have never participated in anal sex (I'm a 19 y/o gay male) and to clear things up, I do not give oral sex. I really just want to get tested to say that I've done it. However, it seems impossible unless I pay $500 or wait two weeks. Do you perhaps know of anyway that I can get across to these people?
I totally love your stance on Republicans. If you only knew of the pranks we (very immature) on cars with Bush 2004 bumper stickers, which happen to be a total rarity here anyway. Anyways, it loads of fun.
Thanks for the exceptional work you conduct. You are truly a Bay Area hero!!!
Best Regards, Mike from the southern most portion of the south bay.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Sorry you are having such a tough time getting such a simple test! I don't know of any specific locations in Santa Cruz, but if you don't mind the short drive over the hill, you'd be welcomed at the Frascino Medical Group in Los Altos. Our office does anonymous rapid HIV tests on a routine basis. You can call for an appointment (650-917-1357), if that works out for you. There are also sites in San Francisco, but that would be a much farther drive for you.
As for Bush-related bumper stickers, here are some of my favorites of late:
1. Bush. Like a Rock, Only Dumber
2. Killing for Peace is Like Screwing for Virginity
3. You Can't be Pro-War and Pro-Life
4. If You Can Read This, You Are Not the President
5. Hey Bush Supporter: Embarrassed Yet?
6. Nice War, Jackass
7. They Call Him "W" So He Can Spell It
8. Cheney/Voldemort '08
9. The Republican Party: Our Bridge to the 11th Century
10. Dubya, Your Dad Shoulda Pulled Out, Too
Stay well, Mike!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sensual Massage Risk Of Getting HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Top?
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- How Long Does It Take To Find Out If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.