The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i just made a donation help me please

Jan 11, 2007

hello i hope r are doing well i went with a sex worker 5 weeks ado and se prefomed oralsex on me with a condom, but before she put the condom she spry lub inside of the condom, i worry that she could had put blood vaginal fluid or semen in that lub bottle and that could infect me? i took a PCR 3 weeks after it happend and came out negative, and an other 25 days later and same thing negative, are does test suere? can i trust them? do they work.

i really worry i lost my job and can eat and sleep due to this? was i at any risk help me


Response from Dr. Frascino


You think the sex worker put blood, vaginal fluid and semen in the "lub"??? Hmmm . . . . Why would she do that? One would think it would be bad for business to kill off your paying clients. Then again, I guess the cigarette industry has been doing that for years now, so . . . .

Dude, your fears are irrational and completely unwarranted.

As for HIV screening, the appropriate test is an ELISA (or other HIV-antibody test). I don't routinely recommend PCR testing for screening, due to the rate of false-positives, technical considerations and cost.

So my advice to you is:

1. You had no significant HIV risk and therefore do not need HIV testing.

2. If you were to want to get an HIV test, I'd recommend an ELISA at the three-month mark for a definitive result.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

I know I have HIV

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint