Who pass HIV Easier
Jan 11, 2007
Is it easier for a man to give Hiv to a woman, or is it easier for a woman to give it to a man? From what I've heard it's easier for a man to give it to a woman because of their semen.
Response from Dr. Frascino
You heard correctly. Male-to-female HIV transmission in the vagina is significantly more likely than female-to-male HIV transmission from the vagina. Estimates in some studies suggest eight times greater efficiency of male-to-female transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Herpes Show Up In A Standard Blood Test?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Does Herpes Feel Like In Women?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Vitamin B12 And Herpes Infection
- Type Of Doctor That Treats Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.