chemiluminescence

Hello dr Bob: One more time, thank you very much for being there with your generous work for everybody.I am the spanish boy who wrote you one month ago (more or less) asking you about a finger play into my ass.You told me that my risk was nearly non existent.I was tested three months after that incident and my results were negative.MY QUESTION IS: In that test, the method is "CHEMILUMINESCENCE"...is that method similar to ELISA? is a screening method or is a confirmatory method like western blot?...the technique is "chemiluminescence 4 generation.Thank you very much for your time and for being so kind!!!! Eduardo (from Spain)

Hi Eduardo,

Congratulations on your negative test! Yes, chemiluminescence tests, like ELISAs, are used to detect specific antibodies.

Now stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing. You are, just as I anticipated, conclusively HIV negative!

Stay well.

Desperate...need advice
Who pass HIV Easier