Karma needed, finally doing the test

Well, I finally got tested, after a year and a half of oral thrush, balanitis, and fatigue. Kudos to you though, for giving me an optimistic view of HIV. Knew that anxiety disorder-based googling would come in handy! :)

Truthfully, I'm scared.

Here's the story. I grew up in an evangelical Christian home, where all I knew about sex was that I shouldn't do it until marriage. Well, I stuck "it" in for the first time at 13, unprotected. Only 3 or 4 pumps though. I didn't touch a vagina with my stick again until I was 24 though. Unprotected, and squirted right inside. Crazy! Turns out she had experienced a lot more pumping than I had pumped.

Got a great girl now, been with her for almost three years. I thought I was getting this yeast from her at first, but hers goes away, mine doesn't.

Am I in trouble? No steroids, antibiotics, or diabetes.

J

Hello J,

If you're in trouble, it's probably related to the warped home environment you grew up in. Your experience is not all that uncommon. Kids who grow up being told sex is wrong or completely taboo until marriage, don't learn about normal sexual behavior, STD protection, pregnancy prevention and related topics. Consequently, when they do "stick it in," they know so little about "poles and holes" they don't have a clue what they are doing or how to protect themselves or their partners.

I'm delighted you have hooked up with a "great girl." I'm also pleased you are addressing your long-standing worries about HIV. Remember, the vast majority of cases of thrush, balanitis and fatigue have absolutely nothing to do with HIV! You've had your test; now we just have to wait for the result. By the way, for future reference, rapid tests provide accurate answers in as few as 20 minutes!

I'm sending you the requested good-luck karma and I'm very hopeful you'll soon be WOO-HOOing! Keep me posted.

FEMALE TO MALE TRANSMISSION POSSIBLE??
Desperate...need advice