FEMALE TO MALE TRANSMISSION POSSIBLE??

I apologize if you have already answered this question, but I am unable to locate an answer. And I would like a straight forward honest answer. The usual response is "the virus is transmitted through vaginal fluids, sperm, blood and mothers milk. Yes we know that but ~ My 17 y o adopted daughter that converted to full blown status at 4 months would like to know "can she pass the virus to a man from her vaginal fluids being on his penis? Can it be absorbed through the skin? Will spermasides kill the virus? thank you RR

Hi RR,

Glad to oblige!

1. If infected vaginal/cervical fluids come into contact with the man's urethra (pee hole), HIV transmission could occur. That's why we always recommend latex condoms for penetrative sex.

2. No, HIV cannot be absorbed through intact skin.

3. No, spermicides are designed to prevent pregnancies by killing sperm. They do not kill HIV. Antimicrobicides that may inhibit viruses are currently in development and clinical trials. None are currently approved. Once again, a latex (or polyurethane) condom is the way to go.

You're welcome!

What to expect from a counselor?
Karma needed, finally doing the test