Should I get tested?

My best friend is HIV positive. He's got a very weak form of the virus and is not yet on any medication. I lived with him for 4-5 months knowing his status. Durring this time there were no serious incidents to put me at risk. However, on one occasion he recieved a small cut via a razor. Later that day I recieved an equally small cut. It's been a few months since then [longer than the general three months]. I'm not sexually active and not necessarily worried about it. Do you think the risk of being infected is serious enough for me to be tested? Thank you for your opinion.

I cannot discern from your post if your "equally small cut" that you "received later that day" came from the same razor or not. In general, we recommend you do not share razors with HIV+ folks! However, even if it was the same razor, because a number of hours had past between the two uses, your HIV-transmission risk would have been so remote as to have been nonexistent. If you are worried, a single HIV rapid test will give you an accurate definitive result in just 20 minutes; however, personally, I do not feel testing is warranted.

Be well.

For Everyone Out there +/-
Probability of infection