Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Testing Postitive for HEPATITIS C
Jan 10, 2007

Good Morning, I got my blood test report yesterday. It show that my HCV Ratio is 25.0 H high s/co ratio have been shown. HCV AB is Reactive. I am trying to get pregnent. The doctor told me that I must get treament for HEPATITIS C first before she starts my treatment from pregency. My question is hoe long does the treament for HEPATITIS C will take me? and what stage or level I am at? Is this the worst or in between level? What are the chances of me getting rid of HEPATITIS C ? I am 34 years of age now. Please responde promtly. Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot respond to your specific questions with such limited information. I strongly suggest you talk to your doctor to gain a better understanding of your hepatitis C diagnosis, disease stage and therapeutic options. I agree this issue must be resolved prior to your starting a family. By way of background information, I listed two links below that provide basic information about hepatitis C and its diagnosis, prognosis and treatment options. You can also access additional information by using the archives' "search" function. Just type in hepatitis C into the "Search The Body.com" box and then click "Go."

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

1) http://www.thebody.com/cria/hepatitis/hcv.html

2) http://www.atdn.org/simple/hepc.html

Previous
Big thanks
Next
Oral after anal in steamroom. Donation made

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.