Possible ARS

Hello Dr. Bob, I have donated to your foundation before and will do so in the near future again. I had sexual intercourse with an escort on New Year's Eve. We had protected oral and the vaginal intercourse was also protected, although I noticed that the condom was loose after we were done. On Jan. 6, I began to experience nausea and vomitting occured soon after. Today (Jan. 8), the nausea and vomitting continues along with a sore throat. I was wondering if it is possible that this is ARS? I have read in the forum that it normally does not occur until 2-4 weeks after exposure. I know that a test at 3 months should calm my fears, but I was wondering if my symptoms point to ARS or not. Thanks and the Dems are starting the takeover, which should make you happy. Happy New Year Dr. Bob!

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent, if both the oral and vaginal action was protected.

Your symptoms are very nonspecific and not worrisome for HIV ARS.

Yes, a three-month HIV test would give a definitive result. It will be negative and should put all your unwarranted HIV fears permanently to rest. Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Yes, I'm happy the Dems are back! Now if we could just get rid of Dubya and Cheney and this idiotic notion of "surge" (read: escalation!) and get our troops home, it would really be a Happy New Year!

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

splash on face
Good ending with HIV