Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

easterneurope guy 4th time asking! Dr. Bob please save my soul! 12,5 weeks test?
Jan 9, 2007

Hello Dr.Bob,

First of all, God bless you. You are an angel which came to earth to save the desperate souls like us. I really really appreciate what are you doing and you deserve to be in heaven!!!

I wrote to you 4th time but you don't answer my question so please please please answer me once...

I had an realaetionship which i fully regret in January 7th 2006 with another man. Unprotected insertive oral, protected insertive anal sex. I think there was no condom breakage. I am a 24 year old man from eastern europe. I had a 6 week neg. and 87 days neg. HIV1-2 antibody+p24 antigen test. Should I move on? Even there was a condom breakage, are my test conclusive? Should I get teste on 13th week or 12,5 is fine? Is there any difference between 12 and 13 weeks? Why do some countries say 12 other 13?

Since this timepoint I am always sick and I am thinking that I am a late seroconverter and my immune system is already down in one year. Please please save my soul Dr. Bob, I have a very good relationship and I don't want to ruin it with crazy obsessive thoughts.

I would be very very very happy if you answer me this time Doc.

Thank you and I want to donate for your foundation. Thank you again doc...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Eastern Europe Guy 4th Time Asking,

I haven't answered your previous three posts, because my response is exactly the same as I've given to many other guys who have had similar risks and similar concerns. Have a look in the archives!

Briefly:

1. Your HIV risk is minimal. Protected sex is "protected" if the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Oral sex carries only a very small risk for HIV transmission.

2. Your 12.5-week negative HIV-1, HIV-2, p24 antigen test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

3. Should you move on? Absofrickinlutely.

4. No additional HIV testing is necessary; however, it, of course, always remains available to you.

5. You are not a late seroconverter.

6. Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

See, I told you my response was identical to so many others!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Nipples for everyone
Next
splash on face

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.