Physical relationship between +/-

I am a 27 yo female starting a physical/emotional relationship with an HIV positive male. I knew he was + since I met him and I had told myself not to fall for him but I did anyway. We use protection always and when it is time for him to ejaculate he pulls out. I am somewhat educated about HIV but I am still a little worried because I dont know exactly what my risk is. Is it a good idea for me to continue with this relationship? Is it possible to have a relationship with an HIV + male and never get the disease?

"Is it possible to have a relationship with an HIV+ male and never get the disease?" From personal experience I can tell you it's indeed possible for 13 years and counting. Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) and I are a magnetic couple. I'm HIV positive and he is not. Our relationship is what dreams are made of emotionally, physically, sexually and "happy-ever-after-ly."

Is it a good idea for you to continue in your relationship? That you even have to ask worries me a bit. That you "told (yourself) not to fall for him but (you) did anyway" should be some indication. My advice would be not to let HIV be the cause of your singing "The One Who Got Away Blues" for the rest of your life.

Read through the entire section on magnetic couples in the archives of this forum. If you still have questions or concerns after that, write back. In the meantime, give your positive Mr. Right a hug from me, OK?

Flu shot=false positive?
Finger Licking follow-up