Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A Quick Thank You
Jan 9, 2007

Hey Dr. Bob,

Just wanted to take a time out and thank you for the work you do. I realize you must get letters like this all the time, but the candour and humour in your replies to people is truly refreshing. At one point I was a WW but I never wrote, took a test at 4 months (I was scared of possibilities at 3) and was declared negative -- that was over 1.5 years ago. My one time mistake turned into a 4 month hell while I waited, but it scared me enough that I have never forgotten the experience. My regret is that I betrayed my partner - she was gracious enough to forgive me, but I don't know if I can forgive myself (not anytime soon, anyways). At any rate, we're planning on getting married soon, and I've realized that she's the only one I want to be with. I just wanted to say thank you for your honesty and charm in responding to frightened questions. Stay well, and all my best to you and yours in 2007.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thank you for your kind and generous comments. They are warmly appreciated.

As for your "one time mistake," I encourage you to forgive yourself. You've leveled with your fiancée and she's forgiven your indiscretion. We are all human, which means we all make mistakes, even yours truly. In fact, some of my humdingers would probably curl your hair, if it's not already curly that is. What's important is that we admit our mistakes, accept the consequences of our actions and learn from our errors in judgment. You appear to have accomplished all three. So I encourage you to forgive yourself, but remember the lessons you learned from enduring the experience, OK?

I wish you health, peace and happiness for your upcoming wedding and beyond.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Follow-up to 'Shades of Grey' RE: Oral Sex
Next
Is it normal to worry THIS much??

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.