still worried sick doc

hello doc hope all is well with u. u anwsered my question about a month ago im the one that had oral sex with a sex worker{gave and received and had bleeding gums that i noticed when i was done}i have had several tests with the last 1 being 106 days orasure after exposure. u were right but im still having symptons of what i think is hiv. skin problems which dermatologist said was staph infection which i read was tied to hiv i also have had white lines on my tongue which hurt{thrush} could i be one of those few people that take longer to produce antibodies? coul i have been coinfected with hepc and hiv?what the hall is wrong with me iam literaly loosing my mind. please help with ur advice it really helped last time. at least for a month what do u think?????????? and finally when u got infected how come the the drugs did not work for u??? and did u experience ars?? just curioud. will send donation again thnx a lot doc good luck to u and thnx for the good karma u sent me last time.

Hello Still Worried,

I'll be brief, because you are definitively HIV negative and I've already answered one of your questions last month.

1. Your 106-day negative OraSure test is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

2. The vast majority of staph infections have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. Continue follow-up with your dermatologist as needed for this problem and stop trying to link it to a disease you do not have.

3. Thrush does not hurt. I strongly doubt you have thrush and even if you did, it wouldn't be HIV-related, because you don't have HIV!

4. Could you be a late seroconverter? No.

5. Could you be coinfected with hep C and HIV? No, because you don't have HIV. Regarding your hep C status, I have no way of knowing. Your doctor could check this out for you with a simple blood test.

6. "What the 'hall' is wrong with me i am 'literaly loosing' my mind." Well, one thing that's wrong with you is that you can't spell. Second, you are continuing to chase after an illness that you could not possibly have.

7. My occupational exposure was in Jan 1991. We had very few HIV drugs available at that time and we had no idea if PEP even helped. I took AZT immediately after I sustained the hollow-bore needle stick and laceration. However, because the patient I was performing the procedure on had advanced-stage AIDS and had been on AZT for years, chances are his strain of virus was already resistant to that drug and hence, when I took it, it didn't help. Did I experience ARS? Yep!

8. Additional good karma sent!

9. I suggest you get help and treatment for your irrational HIV fears and anxiety.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). I do hope you'll be feeling better very soon. I agree you are "worried sick" and that worry is what's making you sick!

Frottage with a twist or two
Faith and HIV