Just Diagnosed - Partner at Risk?

I have just been diagnosed as HIV+ and still trying to get my head around it. I must have been exposed to the virus just before I met my new boyfriend. We had unprotected anal sex twice (I was receptive). There were another 2 times around when I must have been sero-converting (again I was receptive). Now I have tested positive, I'm having trouble telling him. How likely is it that he could contracted the virus from me??

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. Regarding your new boyfriend, the estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures. One additional worry is that if you were very recently infected, your HIV viral load could be quite high, making you more contagious. I strongly urge you to level with your boyfriend as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be. Also note that your boyfriend voluntarily agreed to unprotected sex; therefore, he, too, is responsible for his current predicament. He will need HIV tests at three and six months. You should establish care with an HIV specialist physician for your ongoing care. I'd also suggest you peruse the wealth of information on this site. Start with the basic topics easily accessed on The Body's homepage under "Quick Links."

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK?

i cry every night please help me
Omg, so funny, thank you