Jan 5, 2007
is herpes type 2 curable at all? will it ever go away or will i have it forever?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Unfortunately there is currently no cure for this STD. Infected folks usually have periodic outbreaks throughout their life. Treatment can reduce the severity and duration of herpes outbreaks. Please note you are not alone! At least 45 million Americans have genital herpes. (That's about one out of every five people.)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is Hiv's Affect On Cbc?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Hiv Symptoms Rare After 6 Weeks
- Will Chlamydia Be Detected In Blood Test?
- When Will A Blood Test Show Herpes?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.