Blood in my mouth. Worried.

Hi

Here are the facts. I gave oral sex to another man about 2 weeks ago. There was no ejaculation and the episode lasted for maybe 5 minutes. His foreskin was tight i think and basically without either of us realising, about half way through some bleeding occurred from his foreskin and i got blood in my mouth. I'd describe it as light to moderate bleeding. He informed me that he'd had a negative test several years ago and since then has had no partners and a few random safe encounters. I tend to believe him and he was very candid in his response but it's been playing on my mind incredibly. Should i test and if he were to be positive what would my chances be of contrcting HIV?

Thanks for your help. Yours, uk worried male.

Hello UK Worried Male,

If you were to get HIV-infected blood in your mouth, there is a risk of HIV transmission via the oral mucous membranes.

My advice would be to ask your partner to have an HIV test, if you're still in contact with him. Since it's been several years, he's due anyway. If he agrees and is negative, you can relax. The only worry left at that point would be your buddy possibly being in his window period. The odds of this would be remote. So you could feel fairly confident that you were not exposed. Nonetheless, whether or not he agrees to get tested and no matter what his test result may be, I would still recommend you get a three-month HIV test just to be certain of your negative status and thus put any residual fears permanently to rest.

HIV from Sock
Pls. confirm 2 months