OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG Answer to me....your are my Brad Pitt
Jan 5, 2007
You are a gift from heaven....truly...I think that you are hotter than Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom combined....anyways...I have a question regarding the window period. As you may have heard, the very respectable Dr. Hunter Handsfield posted this on his website:
- Time to positive HIV test: sometimes positive as soon as 10 days, usually positive by 3 weeks, and virtually always positive by 6 weeks, despite official advice that it is best to wait 3 months to be sure. If your HIV test is negative 6 weeks after exposure (and especially after 12 weeks), you don't have HIV, period.
Given his credentials, can we say that he is correct? He doesn't recommend another test at 3 months after the 6 week test....what do we make of this?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Thanks for the flattery. Are you after me for my physique or medical knowledge??? Yeah, that's what I thought . . . .
OK, regarding comments from Dr. Handsfield or anyone else, I cannot and will not try to explain or justify their recommendations. That's up to them. (If you are just trying to create controversy between HIV specialists, I will not play along.) The best I can do is offer you my perspective and recommendations on any given question or topic based on my experience, published scientific data and current approved guidelines. Please note all of us who attempt to reply to questions posted to us over the Internet are responding to individual's specific concern and it can be difficult to generalize about a specific answer taken out of the context of the question in a field in which there really are very few absolutes. I must also point out that whatever I post on this site is available throughout cyberspace, including the developing world, in which many may not have access to the latest therapies or testing techniques. For now, the guidelines state and I agree HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can Hiv Survive In Saliva?
- Hiv Cases With Condom Use
- Can Having Herpes Give A False Positive Hiv Test Result?
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- When Can One Use Topical Skin Care On Dry Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.