Don't know what to make of all this - PLEASE HELP!

hi Dr Bob,

Hope you can answer my questions i have not been getting any response.

In previous post, i have not seen any firm response to the relation of tonsillitis to symptoms.

i have unprotected sex but in the 3rd week i have a bad case of tonsillitis with white pus (fever and chill), the doc prescipte antibiotics and i got better in 2 days.

My question:

1) Is tonsillitis (in my case with white pus)always related to ars syptoms?

2) do other syptoms need to be present? i have not other syptoms (except fever, mucscle ache and chill, that might be due to tonsillitis).

Hope you can answer my queston immediately as i have no response from anyone and i am worried sick reading all the information about exudative tonsillitis.

The donation is on the way.

To specifically answer your questions:

1. No, not necessarily. The vast majority of cases of tonsillitis are completely unrelated to HIV. That you improved within two days of starting antibiotics would suggest it was bacterial, not viral.

2. No, not necessarily. Symptoms associated with primary HIV infection vary widely from person to person. Some folks have such minimal symptoms they don't even remember them at all. Others can get very ill with a wide variety of symptoms associated with acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

The bottom line here remains the same as always: if you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, you need to get HIV tested at the three-month mark, whether or not you have no symptoms or "every symptom in the book." HIV symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and who is not HIV infected. Stop worrying about your case of "exudative tonsillitis" and /or potential HIV symptoms and start worrying over your decision to have unprotected sex!

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will be negative, OK? It's never failed yet!!!

blood on table?
bitten and kissed at volunteer work