Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

negative hiv, positive aids?
Jan 5, 2007

i took a hiv test and a week later i've got my results. they were negative. i took the test at my hospital. this was in november 2006. i haven't been sexually active since july 2006. on december 31, 2006 at 9:07pm i get a call from some guy who said " my name is johnny, are you (my name). " i said yes and he said " we just got your test results and you have aids. " then the phone cut out. i'm just wondering if i should be worried. he didn't say what company he was calling from or hospital. i'm going to call my hospital tomorrow morning to have them reread my results. could someone just be playing? or could i really have aids without having any symptoms? full blown aids. not hiv. he said aids. just wondering. thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are HIV negative.

"Johnny" is an asshole playing a very unfunny game. You might consider reporting this to the authorities. They could possibly trace the call and confront Johnny. That is if he isn't pulling the wings off flies or putting neighborhood pets into microwave ovens. Of course by now Johnny's parole officer will have already netted him. Hope so!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worry
Next
Insertive Risk

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.