Re Re Post: HIV from using a Dildo on Female Escort [ A Petrified Doc, Have Donated will donated again]

Dear Bob,

How are you keeping? Its amazing how despite millions world over condemning the disease and millions others grappling with the condition...you seem perpetually in the best of spirits...I admire you...ok, I ll cut to the chase no pun intended;(

I am writing in after a 5 minute exposure to an escort and I am convinced I will be 199% HIV positive.

I had an female escort perform protected oral sex on me, prior to that she covered my entire body including fingers with oil and gave me a massage. Anyway, before she performed oral on me she gave me a dry dildo , put oil on and asked me to use the dildo in her vagina, well..this is the tricky bit...while using the dildo on her in a horizontal fashion I am concerned that her vaginal secretions may have leaked onto the dildo and on to a 36 hour old paper cut on the nail bed of my fourth finger.

Dear bob, I am scared stiff, how common is it to get HIV from a paper cut when using a dildo (initially covered in oil prior to inserting into her vagina)

I had a shower 10 minutes later, prior to and after the exposure there was no stinging, no visible blood, no stinging on soap or water after the hot shower on the region of the paper cut, there wasnt a scab on it yet though...

Dear Bob, are my hours numbered? I am 1,000% sure the darn virus could have jumped from the dildo an on the posterior surface (anatomically my fourth finger nail bed) and infected me....

Would really appreciate your expert opinion. At no point did I insert my finger into her vagina and the dildo was 9.5 inches long and her vagina only covered 5.5 inches of it...just about. Would the massage oil on my finger + 1.5 day old paper cut stop the buggering HIV virus from entering me...Please Help!!!!

Yours, A cut up Doc

I'm guess you are not a recent graduate from a certified DRP (Drama Reduction Program), right???

Your "199%" convinced you're HIV positive????? And you're "1,000% sure the darn virus could have jumped from the dildo" on to your fourth finger????? Hmmm . . . apparently in school you also didn't major in statistics or common sense either.

Dude, look, I realize that some days it just doesn't seem worth the effort to chew through your restraints and get out of bed, but really, your fears are totally unwarranted. First off, I should tell you HIV is a virus, not a kangaroo. It can not jump. (By the way, it can't cha-cha-cha either.) I place your HIV risk from your five-minute session with your Naughty Lady of Shady Lane as so remote as to be nonexistent. Your oral sex was protected! Your paper cut was essentially healed. Besides, it was the 9.5 inch dildo exploring the wonders of her Bermuda Triangle, not your tiny fingers.

Are your hours numbered? Well, maybe, if you're wondering how long it will be before someone with a big net shows up at your door to take you back to a padded cell, if you continue thinking these crazy thoughts. But as far as HIV is concerned, no. If you remain worried, and somehow I think that's probably quite likely, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark to put your fears (unwarranted as they may be) permanently to rest.

Finally, if your escort only "escorted" for five minutes, do you get a refund for the unused 55 minutes?

Ciao,

Historically speaking
Understanding the test results