Please--In need of your advice and opinion

I have asked this question 3 times so forgive me, but need an answer. I don't know the manner in which you chose to answer. I am indeed going to make a donation. I have the website down as concertedeffort.org.

Please Doc Bob, answer this question. I need a comment from someone with expertise and not one of my ridiculous friends.

I performed oral sex on an older guy that I have had sex with other times. He has actually ejaculated in my mouth in the past. It's been about 6 months since I have last done that with him. I tested negative in November. On Dec 23, I performed oral on him again and in about half a minute, I notice a funny taste in my mouth. I stopped, checked his penis, and started again. Same thing. I stopped and checked again. He was bleeding from little perforated holes on the head of his penis. I stopped and told him. We didn't do anything else. He didn't seem to upset. I don't know what his knowledge of this sort of thing is. I asked him if he had ever tested, and he said "a while ago". He has been in the hospital for heart surgery. He said that they check for HIV automatically when surgery is done. I am not sure about that. I have pretty good oral hygene and didn't taste the blood once I stopped oral on him, so I am sure I was not bleeding at all. I am just scared because for some reason, I just feel blood is an easier medium for anything to pass through the mucous membranes of the mouth. What do you think about that? When do you think I should start testing? On a side note, on Dec 27 I had come down with some sort of stomach virus. I hadn't had one in 20 years. I vomited and felt lousy for about a day or two. Maybe low grade fever, not sure. Not sure if it was from the "incident" or from being at my sisters on Dec 25, where 2 kids, and 2 adults had stomach viruses as well. If it was from the "incident", would it be that fast? 4 days?

Please answer my question. You are the only one I am writing to because I feel you write back to all the others with a warmer, more compassionate tone that is comforting. Please note my email address. You can check to see if I made the donation maybe from my email address? This way you know I have done it. Please answer, and I will give a donation. I don't mean to sound like it's a "one for one" thing, but really want to hear from you first and not feel like I haven't been heard.

Thank you, V.

Hello V,

Oral sex, in general, carries a low risk for HIV transmission. If your partner was HIV positive and if blood was present, the risk for HIV transmission would increase; however, those are two big "ifs." Infected blood on a mucous membrane (inside of mouth) is a documented route for possible transmission. However, your exposure, if it did occur, sounds brief and minimal.

As for your symptoms, I agree they were most likely "stomach flu"-related, based on the nature of your exposure and the fact that four days would be too soon for HIV ARS symptoms.

Finally, testing. Why not ask your "daddy" with the bad ticker to get an HIV test? Since his last one was "a while ago," he's due. If he is negative, you can relax. The only potential risk then would be that he was in his window period. Consequently, your risk would become even more remote. As for your own testing, you'll need to wait the standard three months for a definitive conclusive test result.

Thanks for your donation. But remember, my work here is free and available to all. Donations should be made only in the spirit of compassion, generosity and a desire to help those in need. Whether someone donates to my not-for-profit charitable foundation or not does not influence which questions are selected for posting. You now have your response. Please don't feel obligated to donate, OK? I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your three-month test will be negative. Say, that old guy with the bad heart, it wasn't Cheney was it??? That would be really revolting.

tantric massage with genital contact
Historically speaking