Scared straight

Doc,

I am a heterosexual male, but recently had my "curious" side fulfilled by having oral sex, both giving and receiving, with a known HIV positive male (I didn't know it at the time). Neither one of us came. We were both very drunk. This was a one time encounter.

He has told me there was no risk...that he is fine under medication, didn't come, and that we "didn't do anything." I don't know what that translates to medically. I had his penis in my mouth but not really sure for how long and don't remember any precum. I've had a little sore throat the couple days afterward, but suspect it is unrelated.

I know the standard answer is wait 3 months...the issue is I'll be seeing my girlfriend in 2 months. Could I get a quick test right before then and be fairly certain all is well? Is that too soon for a woo-hoo?

I'd appreciate any help,

A little worried

Sorry, "fairly certain" does not qualify as WOO-HOOable in my book. Tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be reliable. So, unfortunately, you'll have to wait it out.

The HIV-transmission rate for oral sex is very low, particularly without spunking.

No need to be scared straight about being bi-curious stiff. Your options include leveling with your girlfriend the best option, if your relationship is serious and strong. (Otherwise, she may be your "ex-girlfriend" by the time you finish your confession.) Honesty always is the best policy. I also hope you are using latex condoms routinely with all your sex partners, your girlfriend included. If not, you should be to prevent unwanted pregnancies and many sexually transmitted diseases. After all, you never really know if your girlfriend might have a "curious" streak as well. Right?

Stay safe. Stay well. Good luck with your definitive three-month test.

3rd time asking. Please please answer. I will send $1000 donation (A big part of my savings)
A New Year's WOO HOO!