3rd time finger cut, CDC, etc.

Doctor Bob,

please never mind my previous 2 posts about finger sucking. I'll just tell you the rest of the story, and hope that you read it. If you are not responding, I hope it's because the risk is negligible and you have more important posts to attend to. So again, the risk was, an unknown woman in a bar, sucked my finger which had a sore from peeled skin. I reviewed articles on the Internet, and some of them said, PEP is required if the skin was broken. Terrified as I was, I called CDC. They said that transmission was possible, because there might have been blood in her mouth, and to contact my physician immediately. So I did... my doctor looked at the sore and said, there is no need for PEP, although did prescribe some antibiotics "in case it gets worse". Didn't mention the test. I guess, I am not as helpless as I said I was... ... but still will much appreciate your help. Your word means more than CDC And my doctor together. What's the risk? Do I need to get tested?

Sorry for so many letters. I honestly believe that no-answer from you means it's insignificant, QNTD, no-risk.

Thank you, and Happy New Year.

I agree with your doctor. Absolutely no reason for PEP. Your HIV risk is so remote as to be nonexistent. However, if you remain worried despite my reassurances, the option to get a definitive three-month HIV test is always open to you. Should you decide to test, the results will undoubtedly be negative. However, this may be the most efficient and effective way for you to put these unwarranted fears permanently to rest. OK?

Happy New Year to you as well!

thank you
Q tip injection transmission...possible or not?