Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

desperate....you won't anwer me, right?
Jan 3, 2007

i am the guy who has repeatedly posted my baseketball nail cut accident. now i firmly belive i am infected. if there was not documented case, i am obviously the first one. we were both bleeding. although i am not sure his blood touched my cut but chances are quite high. if this person is +, i am sure i can not escape. i can't sleep all night. i have been very carefull on sex but it looks like i just can not run away

not a sex thing but even higher risk

i don't know when you can answer my question. i have posted several times. a guy's nail cut my palm while we were playing basketball (he looks not very healthy with his dark panda eyes) and both of us were bleeding. in general population, 7 out of 10,000 is hiv+, and the blood to blood contact is almost guranteed infection, this works out my risk level is 7 out of 10,000. isn't this significant? pls answer

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I would advise your basketball injury (nail scratch on palm) would carry a negligible risk for HIV acquisition. First off, you don't even know if your "panda eyes" partner is HIV positive or not. Next, the chance of there being significant blood-to-blood contact during this type of incident would be remote at best. If you're worried, get an HIV test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident it will be negative.

Good luck. See, patience pays off. I did finally answer your question!

Happy New Year!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Human bite
Next
MERCI DR. BOB

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.