The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Jan 3, 2007

I love and enjoy your forum very much. My husband died of AIDS back in 1991 (I am negative), and ever since then I have been working in the HIV field, I now work for our local health department in the HIV/AIDS prevention program. It amazes me that after 26 years of this disease there are still people out there that are sooo ignorant about HIV transmission and that will not get tested or use a condom! Getting tested is half the battle!, after getting tested, make sure to take precautions and to protect yourself people! USE A CONDOM! HIV should be the least of your worries, there are more STD's out there that people should be worrying about. If you do not want to get tested with your private physician, almost every health department in this Nation offers FREE HIV testing and counseling, CALL YOUR LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT! Here in Florida we even give free condoms and lube at our health departments! I love you and all of you do, thank you for your service and all the wealth of information that you provide to us all.

Sincerely, Millie

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Millie,

I'm willing to bet your husband and the higher powers are looking down at this very moment and smiling, very proud of what you are doing.

Be well. Happy Holidays. Efforts and compassion like yours are what will eventually turn the tide on this pandemic. Thanks for what you are doing!

Dr. Bob

parking meter karma or just dumb luck
Internal KS

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint