Video booth mistake

Hi Doc,

This forum is an amazingly helpful resource.

I'll ask the 10,000th scared dumb question. In a moment of stupidity I went to a video booth and participated in mutual masturbation with another man (our penises did not touch). I then let him fellate me for about 20 seconds and thought better of it and stopped it. I know he put his mouth on one other man's penis (I saw him do it), and believe he did not swallow. However I am not sure if he was with anyone else before that. He looked healthy and I had no cuts on my penis. This was a one time event.

Are my odds any worse for HIV than the typically low risk for insertive oral due to the chance that he may have had semen in his mouth from before?

I saw my doctor and he advised against PEP based on CDC guidelines. I'll be donating to this valuable forum.

Scared but hopeful.

Your HIV risk remains the same essentially negligible. I absolutely agree with your doctor: PEP would not be warranted. If you remain worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. It will undoubtedly be negative, but it may be the most efficient and effective way to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stay well. Happy Holidays.

THANKS AND A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON TO YOU
cigarette smoke kill the virus?