Local testing center says I don't need to be retested

Dr. Robert -

On February 10, 2006 I engaged in a "low risk" behavior. I met a guy at a party and we snuck off to another room. I started giving him a BJ when someone tried to open the door so we stopped. The encounter lasted no more than 30 seconds and I never tasted precum or the like. I stared feeling a little puny within a week but never got anything serious like a fever or rash or anything like that. Still, I was worried I had contracted HIV. On April 10 I was tested (8 weeks post) and tested negative. The counselor said I didn't need to be retested. I haven't engaged in any unprotected sex since then including oral. But, I have felt sick off and on since then. I called the center back and told them my story and they say I don't need to be tested again. I know you hold by the 3 month rule but the local center says that doesn't apply. Should I be retested or just seek counseling to get over my irrational fear of contracting HIV?

Thanks

One of the reasons for getting an HIV tests is being worried about contracting HIV, even if the potential risk of transmission was slight. However, testing prior to the three-month mark is not considered to be definitive or conclusive. Consequently, my advice to you would have been that your HIV risk is negligible at best. However, if you were worried, to get a single HIV test at the three-month mark to permanently put your worries to rest.

i dedicate to you
My Christmas present