RE.Catholic Priest.

Dr.Bob, so what you are telling me is that over 30 prophets and various people all saw the same thing and completely made up the whole bible??? If you attended Catholic school you would know that the story of "Adam and Eve" and "Noah's Ark" are fables to demonstrate a point, the only reason you are gay is because you aquired the HIV virus (doing a great deed I may add, it was not you're fault). NEVER< EVER ASSUME I am a sex addict, or molester because of what you hear in the media about a few priests, it's the same as me believing all the stigmas I hear about HIV contaminated homosexuals are true, please start praying, because no one really know's who created us, or how the first molecule was ever created, but we Christians have the bible as proof, ONLY THE IGNORANT BELIEVE THAT THE BIG BANG THEORY CAN CREATE SUCH BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, PLANTS and THE BEAUTIFUL WORLD< DON"T BE MISARBLE!!!!!BE WELL

Dear Persistent Pestering Proselytizer,

I'm taking you at your word that you are a priest, because to lie about such a thing would get you a "GO TO HELL. GO DIRECTLY TO HELL. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200" card. Right? But, I must admit I find your comments, how shall I politely say this . . . uninformed? Hmmm . . . perhaps inane would be more accurate. So you think "30 prophets and various people all saw the same thing" and then wrote the Bible? Sorry, Nitwit, the Bible wasn't written until hundreds of years after Jesus walked the Earth. The stories were told from person to person until they were finally written down. (At least that's what I learned in Catholic school!) Have you ever played the telephone game? The one where you have a line of people and the first person in line whispers something in the ear of the second person in line and then that person passes it on to the third person and so on and so forth? By the time the original information gets to the final person, the story is always very different from the original version! I can only assume the same thing happened with the Bible. I'm not anti-Bible. (So Bible bangers, don't start sending me nasty messages). I think the Bible is a very nice collection of fables and stories that help people distinguish right from wrong. (Don't steal. Don't kill. Don't eat meat on Fridays . . . oh, never mind about that last one.)

Next, I take offense at your statement, "the only reason you are gay is because you acquired the HIV virus . . . ." WHAT?????? That's the most ridiculous piece of poppycock I've ever heard. Shame on you, Padre! Even an extra chromosome religious zealot should know better than that!

As for your being a sex addict or molester, I never suggested you were. I merely asked what you were doing here lurking around on the sex channel. After all, this Web site is not listed on the Vatican's top 100 Christian info sites!

Next, "please start praying because no one really know's who created us????" Father, allow me to point out that the word "knows" does not require an apostrophe in that sentence and the two clauses are completely unrelated! If you want to pray because you don't know where you came from, be my guest. I chose to spend my time on other pursuits, such as answering more legitimate questions in this forum to promote HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention thereby hopefully preventing additional HIV infections and saving lives and running my not-for-profit charitable foundation that provides crucial services for men, women and children living with the challenges of HIV/AIDS.

Finally, I find your comment, "DON'T BE MISARBLE!!!!" not only laughable, because it's misspelled, but also amazingly clueless: if you had even the slightest amount of insight, you would quickly realize I'm far from miserable. In fact, I'm one of the most cheerful and contented people on the planet. Your implication that just because I happen to be gay I must be miserable again merely reflects the depth of your delusional thinking and beliefs. I'm amazed "religious people" devote such immense time, energy and money to so-called "moral problems," such as gay marriage, for instance. That Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) and I have been in a committed same-sex relationship a marriage as strong as anyone's for thirteen years should not be on the top of your agenda for relieving human suffering! In fact, "religious people" seem happily willing contribute to true human misery if it serves their particular beliefs. A good case in point would be embryonic stem cell research, one of the most promising developments in the last century of medical science, which could offer therapeutic breakthroughs for an amazing number of human illnesses diabetes, Parkinson's disease, AIDS, severe burns, etc. At the prodding of religious conservatives, President Bush used his first veto to deny federal funding of this research. That, to me, is immoral and is contributing to human suffering! Religious folks "believe" human life starts at the moment of conception. Consequently, they "believe" a three-day-old human embryo has a soul and the interest of that one "soul" is more important than helping many souls. This is religious dogma trying to impede genuine wisdom, compassion and even common sense. A three-day-old embryo is a collection of 150 cells called a blastocyst. For the sake of comparison, the brain of a fly has 100,000 cells. The embryos that would be used for embryonic stem cell research do not have brains or nerves.

Father, our discourse is now over. Don't bother responding with yet another post filled with errors in spelling, grammar and common sense, as I won't post it. Perhaps it's time for you to do some soul searching, rather than trying to save souls that are not in need of your brand of salvation.

RE: Catholic Priest Dec 12, 2006

Dear Dr.Bob.

Blessed sould, what do you have against us, all we are doing is following what the bible states, please don't be upset at us, after all, we did not right the bible..we simply follow and preach what it states..

P.S. Are you not supposed to be of Italian heritance, if so you should be Catholic, am I correct in this belief? Bless you're soul, and remember being gay is NOT the way to go..

Blessed "sould?" What's that?

Yes, I'm aware you did not "right" the Bible. (In fact, I'm quite convinced there are many parts of the Bible that aren't "right" at all!)

Now you ask what do I have against you!?!?! Isn't it I who should be asking you such a question? I'm a tolerant, loving man who has devoted himself to helping others in need. I have also deeply loved another man (Dr. Steve, the expert in the Body's Tratamientos Forum) who is similarly tolerant and devoted. And yet you tell me "gay is NOT the way to go . . . ." Worse yet, two weeks ago a New Jersey Catholic bishop said, "Because homosexual acts cannot fulfill the natural end of human sexuality, they are never morally acceptable. Such acts furthermore do not lead to true human happiness." (New Jersey Catholic Bishop Arthur Serratelli at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in Baltimore, Nov. 14, 2006) So if you want to believe dinosaurs lived two by two on Noah's Ark and that our species was fashioned out of dirt and divine breath in a garden with a talking snake by the hand of an invisible God, fine! That's up to you! But while you are hoping and praying to soon be raptured into the stratosphere by Jesus so you can safely enjoy a sacred genocide that will inaugurate the end of human history, please do not preach to me that "gay is not the way to go," question the "morality" of my sexual orientation or pontificate on whether I have found "true human happiness." You enjoy your brand of "fairy tales" and I'll enjoy mine, OK?

To answer your other question, yes, I'm Italian and attended Catholic grade school. However, neither of those facts precludes me from having a brain and common sense.

Now, Pious Pontificator, I have a question for you: what are you doing here on the sex channel???

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oral sex with confirmed pos guy (turns out worried for nothing)