I think you are wrong Doc

Dr. Bob, I think you are wrong telling some people even though they have tested even a year past the window period that there is no way no how they have hiv. I have had no exposure for almost three years. I have tested out to 30 months negative since exposure in early 2004. I had serious acute symptoms at 6 weeks post exposure and then soon developed ohl and floaters. I just recently started swelling in lower right leg indicating lymphodema. My t cell count dropped to 300 after infection in 2004, 9 months ago it was 706 and I am soon to check it again. I know there are not many who are in this situation but I thionk there are others who like myself have definitive symptoms of hiv like those described and yet test negative. I just think you need to be careful saying no way no how when there is a strong possibility we are really positive in spite of testing. By the way I wish you were always right on this and then I would not be writing and no I was o.k. Unfortunately I know I am not and carry the virus in spite of negative tests at over 2 and one half years. Take Care.

You have tested HIV negative out to 30 months. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Now, I know you don't like hearing that; however, it's a fact. "Definitive symptoms of HIV" do not equal HIV disease. In fact, symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV positive! A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps symptoms each and every time.

I'm not saying there isn't anything wrong with you. Most likely there is. However, whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing that's now certain is that it's not HIV! Why are you so fixed on that diagnosis when you have irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative???? Should every person who has a headache conclude they must have terminal brain cancer????

Sorry, my friend, I am not wrong about this. I urge you to follow up with your doctors to find out the true cause of your problem and stop chasing an illness you could not possibly have.

Can you Karma me down?
HIV in towel