Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CAN I GET A WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2006

Hi again Dr. Bob!

It's the nurse that emailed you the beginning of December about some 'good luck karma' for my very first HIV test....Well, if you hadn't guessed by the title of this email...IT WAS NEGATIVE!!! I had a feeling it was, but there is always that part of your brain that tricks you into thinking the worst.

For all those WW's out there...take it from me, if I could get tested and get the courage to go back and get my results (after waiting a week) so can all of you. It is the scariest thing you will ever (hopefully) have to do and I thought I was going to faint or throw up during that wait before the results..but chances are you are negative. I had unprotected sex more than once with more than one person so I know how scary it is when you have a real risk.

To you Dr. Bob...thank you from the bottom and top of my heart for your kind words and encouragement and for that 'no fail, good luck karma'; you should bottle and sell that stuff!! Your comments made me feel really good about being a nurse and also made me feel better about being tested, I can't thank you enough! Of course what you do here on The Body, and with your organization ensures you will have a lifetime of good karma, but if you ever need a little extra boost just know that I am always sending it to you in the hopes you stay healthy and happy!

I hope you and Steve have a very Happy Holiday;)

K:)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Smiling WOO-HOOing K!

Excellent News! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

Thanks for your thanks and your kind comments!

If the Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) ever runs out of generous compassionate donors and we run low on funds, your idea of bottling up "Dr. Bob's good-luck, no-fail karma" might just come in handy!

Steve and I are celebrating our Holiday in Paris. It's our Christmas gift to each other: time alone together in one of our favorite (and most romantic) cities.

Be well. Happy Health WOO-HOOing Holidays to you and yours!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I finally opened the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next
wish you the best

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.