I finally opened the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i just saw a big major WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! doctor, i cant describe you how i feel... i have the envelope with the results just in front of me and i just managed to open it and says: VIH - negative!!!!! after more than one year and it all has come to this... now the question arises: why i didnt do this earlier??? i dont know, i was just too scared, but i cant grieve on it and just concentrate on the future... But all of this has one dark spot:i also got screened for syphillis and the paper also says VDRL - positive, which would mean i got syphillis. And now i panic again... do the labs messed up the results feeling sorry for me??? how could i have gotten syph but not hiv (i know, the logical answer is: because she only had syph and not hiv)??

what do you think dear doctor??? can i woohoo and just go get some treatment for the syph?? or do i need to get tested again for both syph and hiv?? (i was tested in a nice, reputable local hospital, and i know i say that i got a vdrl positive like if it was some kind of flu, but i cant stop smiling doctor, ill be able to handle it from now on)

i have no words for thanking you...

(short version) I just opened the envelope with my results, and it says hiv-negative!! let me check again... yeap, negative... but i tested positive for syphilis (vdrl)...

I was with this girl almost two years ago and the protection broke. about five or six months later i learned that she tested positive for hiv. Assuming this girl was hiv and syphillis positive, is it possible to get syph but not hiv during the brief exposure??? or could we think of the possibility that she got hiv after our encounter??? also, how likely is it that the place i got tested scrambled the results (its a small but nice and reputable local hospital)???? can i Wooohooo now or should i get more tests????

doctor, you have no idea what you mean to me...

JAWG (just about to woohoo guy)

Dear JAWG (Just Another WOO-HOO Guy),

I combined your long- and short-version questions.

WOOOOO-HOOOOO and Congrats! Now on to your questions. First, the long-version questions:

1. Why didn't you do this earlier? Hmmm . . . good question for which I have no answer!

2. "Do the lab's messed up results feeling sorry for me . . . ." What????? That's a really crummy questions that I can't even decipher.

3. It's quite possible to get syph but not HIV! Syphilis is much, much easier to contract than HIV!

4. Can you WOOO-HOOO and just go get treatment for syphilis? Yep! But do get treated, because untreated syphilis can cause big-time problems.

5. Nope.

Now the short version questions:

1. See long-version question #3.

2. I suppose that's possible.

3. Scrambled results? Nah! These are very different tests!

4. WOOOO-HOOOO? Yep!

5. More tests? Nope!

Happy Holidays, JAWG!

For my wedding gift, please answer me... Important as i am going to get married
CAN I GET A WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!